zaterdag 25 april 2009

First post - How and Why

This is the fist post on the unofficial The Nutnfancy Project blog. Nutnfancy is a reviewer of items such as knives, guns, tactical- survival- and military gear on Youtube. He also posts clips on camping, survival, and a general philosophical outlook on life that I generally agree with. His mission is to supply objective and relevant information about these items to interested people. For more information about Nutnfancy please visit his Youtube channel, but in short, Nutnfancy is a professional soldier and parttime law enforcement officer in the US. He therefore speaks with authority on the issues he chooses to post about.

I am starting this blog for a few reasons, being:
  • I have a personal take on the subjects Nutnfancy discusses, and they may not always be identical with his.
  • Nutnfancy's posts often need a bit more discussion among his fans and readers, and I think this would be a good spot for it.
  • This blog allows me to supplement Nutnfancy's posts where I think they can use it.
But most importantly:
  • I feel Nutnfancy and his views deserve a larger audience, and I hope my posting here will contribute to that end.
There are many other reviewers active on the same subjects that Nutnfancy deals with. However, in my opinion Nutnfancy distinguishes himself because of the extensive use most if not all of the items he reviews have seen. In other words, he speaks from hands-on experience, often under harsh conditions, unlike most other reviewers, many of which are mostly collectors and occasional light users.

On a personal note, Nutnfancy's reviews reignited a spark in me. I once served in the Royal Netherlands Marines and was an enthusiastic outdoorsman, camper and survival practitioner. That was more than 25 years ago however, and I had settled down with a wife, a career in IT and two beautiful sons. I've always stayed fit, and current with guns, but neglected to instill in my sons the love of the outdoors and the ability take care of one's self in the wild. It was not too late to do that, and I thank Nutnfancy for reminding me of the responsibility of, as well as the beauty in raising your kids to be responsible and self-reliant people.

As this blog progresses I plan to add reviews by other reviewers, if they are about subjects that fall into the same general categories that Nutnfancy addresses, and if - in my opinion - they reach the same level of quality and objectiveness. I will take the liberty of including these in what is after all called The Nutnfancy Project blog because they will adhere to the same general outlook on life, and because Nutnfancy cannot hope to review all the subjects that are worthy of it. I may also attempt to do some reviews myself, and I will explicitly use Nutnfancy's format if and when I do.

Lastly, I will use this blog as a 'coathanger' to write about related issues such as self-defense, preparedness, gun ownership as compared between the US and Europe (particularly the Netherlands), and anything else that has relevance.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten